* I used to think Computer viruses where the disease carrying kind that “infected” computers. That’s why they never used to let us wear shoes to the computer lab.
* My dad told me that when he was in school, the English alphabet was only till ‘q’. He said he couldn’t help me with my homework because of all the “new” alphabets like ‘w’ and ‘r’ that he didn’t know about.
* I used to think that ‘black money’ was fertilizer. I once asked my dad to show me some black money and he told me he had buried it behind the house. When I asked him why, he said it was for the Money Plant that we had just planted. Plus, the newspapers kept saying things like ‘black money has gone to the underworld’. I assumed that meant it was fertilizer for the plants.
* I used to think that you needed to continuously move the steering of a car to make the car go forward – because the people in old Hindi movies kept moving it and never held it still while driving.
* I used to think that women got pregnant because they ate too much and their tummies swelled up.
* I used to think ‘try try till you succeed’ meant that you needed to try only twice before giving up. If they wanted you to keep trying, they would have said ‘try until you succeed’.
* My mom once told me that ‘ice cream’ was spelt ‘aaaiieee – scream’ because a monster would make you yell like that if you ate more than 1 scoop.
* I never understood why some billboards on the road had only ‘Contact 546-4567′ written on them. I used to wonder why the company didn’t just put the product ad there instead of requiring me to call them and ask ‘What are you advertising?’